India Dykes - Dr. Spector - Week 6

 My work in the lab this week focused on developing 3D designs and models of custom bioprinter parts. I verified that the parts fit together using my technical drawings and printed them using the lab's 3D printer. I then assembled the printed parts and the hardware parts that I previously ordered. I am still waiting for a few parts to arrive and then I can finish the hardware assembly.

Additionally, I attended Dr. Spector's clinic hours with Julia where we observed a variety of consultations and follow ups. These included a post-op follow ups for a tummy tuck, several skin grafts, a patient with calcinosis, and a patient with a jaw reconstruction who was bothered by hair growing in his mouth from the leg flap that had been used for reconstruction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jenny Deng Week 1: Acclimating to a medical teaching hospital

Cory Knox - Dr. Liston - Week 1

Anna Hazelwood/Dr. Evelyn Horn - Week 1