Harry Zou Week 6

This week, I spent the majority of my week focused on my research project. I first did a QuBit assay on my Mtb gDNA samples to get a better estimate of their concentration and quality than Nanodrop before I submitted them for sequencing. After preparing my samples, I submitted them for sequencing to Plasmidsaurus and was able to get the data back for these within a day! I then spent the rest of the week on extracting gDNA from the second batch of samples and also analyzing the sequencing results. Interestingly, none of the samples I submitted had the S531L mutation which is by far the most common mutation in Mtb clinical isolates. The SNPs that my samples had in rpoB were also outside of the rifampicin-resistance determining region. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jenny Deng Week 1: Acclimating to a medical teaching hospital

Cory Knox - Dr. Liston - Week 1

Anna Hazelwood/Dr. Evelyn Horn - Week 1