Darke Hull / Dr. Rulla Tamimi / Dr. Lauren Mount / Dr. Yiwey Shieh [W8]

 This week I implemented another AI to study the lung cancer metastasis predictors. Unlike the sequential model which predicts time until diagnosis, the new random forest model predicts which features are the most impactful for the prediction. I was surprised to see several of the diagnosis predictors, many of which seem largely unrelated, and I am curious how the results will compare to the Cox model Eunji is using for a similar purpose. This is the last blog post I will be making about the project, but I will be continuing to work on it into the academic year with the Tamimi lab.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jenny Deng Week 1: Acclimating to a medical teaching hospital

Cory Knox - Dr. Liston - Week 1

Anna Hazelwood/Dr. Evelyn Horn - Week 1