Anna Hazelwood - Dr. Evelyn Horn - Week 8

 This week I worked primarily on finishing up my research on the Cardiology Whole Genome Study. I accessed several patient MRI results from the list that I was able to compile last week and extracted some functional numbers such as end diastolic pressure, end systolic pressure, stroke volume, and ejection fraction. I also copied their percentage of scarring and any critical comments listed at the end of their report. I looked over which mutation was the most common among the patients in the genetic testing list and decided to focus on finding similarities in patients with the MYBCP3 mutation which is cardiac myosin binding protein C. Initially, I noticed that most patients had significant scarring reported and moderate to severe dilation of their left ventricle. I also noticed that there were some relatively young patients as well with this mutation, one having had a heart transplant.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jenny Deng Week 1: Acclimating to a medical teaching hospital

Cory Knox - Dr. Liston - Week 1

Anna Hazelwood/Dr. Evelyn Horn - Week 1