Omar Dervisevic - Dr. Bostrom - Week 2

 This week was one of orientation and starting with work for me. At the beginning of the week we had out lecture on the use of ChatGPT for medical use. These uses included assisting in writing reports, analyzing images and drafting email. This lecture was interesting because I had no idea that ChatGPT could be used as a resources in both clinical work and research. This week then followed with a meeting with Dr. Bostrom to speak about my clinical involvement this summer. The events of this meeting encouraged me with my involvement in the clinical and allowed for me to start the following day. On Thursday I was in the clinic with my mentor. The cases seen was a combination of pre-op consultations and post-op check ups. This was very interesting to see because seeing the different degrees of osteoarthritis and how the patients recover over time after the operation. Having time to ask my clinician questions between visits has been very helpful and allowed for me to understand how the clinic works and how my research at Cornell can be farther developed to help patients in the future. My week ended with me gaining access to the scrubs at HSS which would allow me to join Dr. Bostrom in the OR on the following Monday. Friday was a more research oriented day with lab meeting and doing readings regarding my research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jenny Deng Week 1: Acclimating to a medical teaching hospital

Cory Knox - Dr. Liston - Week 1

Anna Hazelwood/Dr. Evelyn Horn - Week 1